Tiverton is an Ancient and Historic Market Town, set amidst the beautiful rolling countryside and farm lands of Mid-Devon.
The Baptist Church has been at the heart of the local community since it was established in 1607, by Nonconformist Christians who escaped to England from religious persecution in Holland, in the early 1600ís.
In the very early days worshippers met together in each otherís homes, suffering great personal difficulties and hardship until more permanent local assemblies were allowed by royal declaration.
May the stories of faith and fortitude as shown by our forefathers, since the beginning of the 17th century, be an inspiration and an encouragement for us at this present time?
Today we follow in the footsteps of our forefathers as we continue to faithfully witness locally, and proclaim the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ regularly week by week, and seek to be ambassadors for the Lord Jesus day by day, within the community as we share the Good News on a more personal level.
The church has activities for both young and not so young, and has strong links with the other churches in the town, through the "Churches Together in Tiverton. Though located near the centre of Tiverton, it draws people both from the town and from the wider surrounding area.